The early stages of project development are the most critical to overall project delivery and operational success. Relative to total project costs, the early stages of project development require the least funding while producing the steepest potential for value uplift.
Role of ILF
ILF and their cooperation partners are capable of enhancing projects by de-risking and appropriately structuring maximize value for third party equity investment and subsequent debt financing, which would typically include:
- Assessing broad spectrum risk and options for risk allocation
- Implementing strategies for engaging with host government(s)
- Developing commercial strategies and structures, including negotiation support for concessions arrangements, PPPs, BOT and other forms
- Conducting IFI compliant ESIAs and monitoring their implementation
- Introducing external investors, including negotiation of shareholder agreements
- Developing project economic and financial models
- Identifying lending sources, preparing indicative finance plans and leading the finance implementation process through to financial close
- Engaging high quality project managing / project engineering professionals.
ILF and their cooperation partners have a substantial track record de-risking and executing complex and globally significant infrastructure projects on behalf of top international clients and governments.
Our clients benefit from a highly-specialized team of professionals identifying and de-risking projects. This includes those that might not otherwise get to market or that have minimal developer involvement during the early stages. Involvement of the ILF investment engineering team enables project developers to execute FEED for projects with a competent partner based on a proven asset development experience.